1. If nothing else, I hope you know that I love you with every ounce of my being. I hope you realise your importance not only to me but to everyone who has been lucky enough to know you. I hope you know that when you're feeling down, I only ever strive for your happiness. I hope you remember that no matter what, I'm here for you and I fully intend on staying in your life for quite some time. I hope you recognise the fact that I appreciate and adore you without restraint, and that this will never change
2. Stay single until you meet a guy who opens every door you walk through. Stay single until you meet a guy who makes sure you walk on the inside of the sidewalk away from the street. The guy who holds your hand shamelessly and will kiss you in public. Stay single until you meet a guy who wants to bring you home to his parents. Stay single until you meet the guy whose friend’s already know about before you meet them. Stay single until you meet the guy who will drop whatever to be wherever you need him. The guy who says, “text me when you’re home safe,” and stays up until he knows you are. Stay single until you meet the guy you’d proudly introduce to your father. The one who doesn’t try and change you. The guy who always texts back no questions asked. Stay single until you meet a guy who doesn’t have time for games and is brutally honest always. Stay single until you meet the guy who keeps his word. The one who knows when to apologize when he’s wrong. The one who sends you flowers to your office, just because. The guys who sends sweet texts in the middle of the meeting he knows you’re stressing over. Stay single until you meet the guy who makes you want to be a better woman. The one who motivates you to achieve more and be better. Stay single until you meet a guy who is sure of you and never makes you doubt how he feels. The one who is certain of you and his career and a future he wants you apart of. The one who says I love you first just because he wants you to know. Stay single until you meet the guy who never stops trying to keep you. Because he knows getting you wasn’t the hard part but constantly giving you a reason to stay is what you deserve. Stay single until you meet the guy who makes you feel more beautiful just standing beside him. The one who still gives you butterflies when you walk in a room. Stay single until you meet the guy who makes you not want to be. The one who changes the standard you once had and suddenly no one can compare. Stay single until you meet the guy you can’t live without. Until then. Stay single.
3. And most of all, I want to do nothing with you. I want to spend a Sunday at home, me in my corner, you in yours, reading or working or writing, silently in our spaces. I want to be so together that we don’t have to say anything at all, that we can just watch it rain and drink our tea and occasionally look at one another and smile. I will wonder why I ever thought that Sunday was for running errands and cleaning and getting things done one after the other, when it is so clear that spending them silently across from you is so much better. I want to have every bit of Sunday with you, every Sunday, because you are simply too good to end on a Saturday night.
4. Find a guy who’s willing to accept all the challenges that he’s going to face in his relationship with you. A guy who protects you at all costs. A guy who makes you his priority.
Find a guy who will make the extra effort just to be with you. A guy who will always search for an opportunity to meet you halfway, with no excuses, with no skepticism, with no fear.
Find a guy who fights for you, for your love, and for the relationship that he promises you with. Because there is no other guy like him.
Be with the guy who can’t imagine being with anyone else but you.
A guy who’s open to discuss why he chooses you in the first place, why he’s proud of you, and why he’s determined to spend the rest of his life with you.
Be with a guy who puts his words into action. Like when he says he’s going to make it on time, he shows up. When he says your relationship with him is secured, he’s going to make an effort to prove it. When he says “I love you,” he truly means those words wholeheartedly, and in all sincerity.
Be with the guy who’s honest when he grows weak, and seeks for your help when he needs it. Because a real guy doesn’t play pretend to be tough.
A real guy doesn’t love you in the dark, or behind the shadows. A real guy shouts his affection for you out in the open, loudly, boldly, unapologetically.
Find the guy who supports you when your fear knocks you one step backward. A guy who’s quick to catch you when you lose your balance. A guy who encourages, guides, and lights your path as you get scared to face your demons in life. A guy who reminds you, and assures you that he’s right behind you, to save you when you don’t win any battle that you take on.
Find the guy who’s certain, in his caring heart, that you’re the only person who he deems worth fighting for.
And never let him go.
You see her for the first time and she’ll walk right past you like you are a crack in the wall and she is a skyscraper with her head so high in the air and when you can’t sleep you’ll think about the way her eyes strayed into yours for a moment too long before breaking away and disappearing into the crowd of people.
She’ll look both ways before telling you she loves you under her breath and when she hugs you her eyes scan the empty room as if the walls had eyes and ears and mouths that could give you away.
When she’s curled up on your lap shaking with mismatched breaths you’ll wonder how someone who looked like she carried mountains on her shoulders could crumble so easily in your arms like the tornado in her mind finally hit her and knocked her off her feet.
In half-light she’ll run her fingers over your arms like she is reading words carved into your skin, binding them together into the perfect metaphor and you’ll hear it playback in your head at 4am when your head runs wild with thoughts of her.
You’ll find a safe haven on rooftops and abandoned rooms where she’ll set fire to your insides with hushed breaths between kisses planted perfectly on your lips and make you wonder how dangerous it is to play with wild flames while your body is made of paper.
You’ll stare God right in the eye and tell him that if loving her was a sin then you want no place in heaven with him because the way her lips fit perfectly on your neck is a type of paradise you’ll never forget. - The six stages of falling in love with her.
6. The love you deserve will not send you mixed signals.
Love will not ignite false hopes, instead love will plant truthful hope and will commit to it. Love will be clear and it won’t leave you wondering in confusion.
The love you deserve will not be hurtful at all.
Love will not leave you with scars or trauma. Love will not call you names.Love will not leave you crying yourself to sleep, feeling sorry about yourself. Love will not walk away from you.
The love you deserve will not be brimming with uncertainties. Love knows who it wants and why. Love will be sure, sure of you.
The love you deserve will not make you feel bad about yourself.
Love will not belittle you. Love will not judge you or your past. Instead love will accept you, despite of your cracks. Love will recognize your issues and will listen to your anxieties and every single thing that goes on in your head – all your sentiments, worries and fears – and love will be eager to hear every single one of them. Love will never make you question if you’ll ever be good enough.
The love you deserve will prioritize you. Love will not be selfish.
The love you deserve will respect you one hundred percent.
All your ideas, beliefs, attributes, plans and aspirations. Love will always see the best in you. Love will welcome you with open arms. Love will not discourage you, your dreams or wishful thinkings. Love will support you all out in whatever you yearn to do, love will motivate you and will perpetually whisper in your ear that you can be the person you’ve always longed to be.
The love you deserve will be striking in its simplicity and it will find you. It will.
7. If I have learned anything in love, it is that the best relationships are the ones that come as a surprise.
There you were, just walking along, minding your own business. All of a sudden, something, or someone, appears out of nowhere. A person you didn’t expect. A situation you couldn’t have predicted. You weren’t even looking for them.
But you can’t deny it. That growing fire in your belly. Those uncaged butterflies are flying all around your ribcage. It happens without rhyme or reason. It just happens. Like gravity, some unseen magnetic pull, you’re unable to stop it.
The best relationships continue to surprise you. They don’t always fit into a neat pre-packaged plan. Sometimes they are messy and inconvenient. They have issues and flaws and things that require work and dedication. They’re dynamic, always changing and growing.
Sure, it’s nice when we get the things we want. It’s lovely to yearn for something so long only to have it land right in your lap. Of course. Of course that’s nice.
But the moments we most remember? The relationships, the people, the situations that we find ourself re-telling for years to come?
Those were often the things we didn’t know we wanted. We had no idea they were just around the corner. Because we didn’t know they existed. How could we?
The best relationships are the ones you didn’t know could exist. And then, miraculously, they do.
And they exceed even the most perfectly crafted dream. They are better than anything you could have written yourself. Because they’re real. And you never even saw them coming.